“Things are not quite so simple always as black and white.”
― Doris Lessing
And sometimes things are quite simple. When I travel for example, it’s a simple choice what to wear. The first thing that most often does not go in my backpack or suitcase, is my old black & white maxi dress. When the temperatures are summerly warm, it is my preferred outfit for travelling by car, bus, boat, train or plane. Let me give you 5 reasons why:
- It’s made of cotton, so lovely cool.
- It’s pretty wrinkle friendly, which is a super bonus for travelling.
- The loose shape is comfortable and perfect for hiding some extra weight (I don’t know about you, but I love trying out lots of local food 😉).
- The length of the dress is very practical, because you never know on what kind of chair (plastic, dirty, broken…) you are going to sit for hours and hours.
- On top of all that it goes well with my sneakers, which add even more comfort to the outfit and are my favourite shoes for travelling (see this previous blogpost).